OF THEMATIC PHILATELY AND YOUTH
Philatelic exhibitions organized by our society
The ex-president of our society N. Kardoulis during the inauguration
ceremony of the Exhibition "ÊIFISSIA '94"
The ex-president of our society N. Kardoulis and the Gen Secretary G. Karatsalis
guide the Major of Saint Paraskevi Municipality in the exhibits of the
"1st EXHIBITION OF THEMATIC PHILATELY AND LITERATURE"
The presidents of the two collaborating societies, N.Kardoulis and G.Morfopoulos,
at the inauguration of the "1st PANEUBOIC EXHIBITION OF THEMATIC PHILATELY
AND OLD POSTACARDS, CHALKIDA 1995"
"SEA AND PHILATELY"
"AGIOI ANARGYROI - CHRISTMAS ‘97"
Unofficial sheetlet of the exhibition
souvenir diploma to the Major of Agioi Anargyroi Municipality
"AGIOI ANARGYROI ‘98"
From "CHALKIDA 2007". The presidents of the collaborating societies P.Leoussis,
Al.Aesopos and G.Morfopoulos with the Vice-Major of Chalkida Municipality
"CHALKIDA 2007": G. Morfopoulos, Maria Anestiou (member), Al. Aesopos, the new
President of "Chalkida Philatelic Society", ex-Minister Orestes Papastratis, and P. Leoussis
The commemorative present for all the exhibitors
V. Schinas, Director of the Hellenic Post Philatelic Section,
M. Constantinis, Hellenic Post Philatelic Consulter, and P. Leoussis
The Major of Chalkida, Mr
Athenian members of our Club, visitors of the inauguration
OTHER MANIFESTATIONS OF OUR SOCIETY
Besides the exhibitions, the PANHELLENIC SOCIETY OF THEMATIC PHILATELY AND YOUTH organized several happenings, like speeches of thematic contain, Christmas celebrations etc.
One of the most successful similar co-organizations was the Christmas feast of 2006. It was organized in collaboration with the "Philatelists of Athens" and the "Panhellenic Society of Philatelists Employers of the Hellenic Post", and it was realized on Monday, January 23, at the Postal and Philatelic Museum of Athens. Among the guests were the leadership of the Philatelic Management of the Hellenic Post, presidents and representatives of Philatelic Societies, many philatelists and friends of the three societies. The program was as follows:
- Salutation of the three collaborating societies' presidents, Th. Galanis, V. Secopoulos and P. Leoussis.
- Speech of the President of the Hellenic Philatelic Federation M. Tsironis, about The stamps issue for the International Olympic Games of 1906, with simultaneous projection of relevant philatelic material.
- Movie projection of short duration (16 minutes), by Th. Galanis, untitled The Olympic Games through the stamps.
- Speech-introduction by P. Leoussis about the history of the musical works composed all over the world for the stamps, philately, post and postmen, with simultaneous projection of philatelic material.
- First public performance of Mr P. Leoussis' song "Hymn to the stamp", to lyrics by himself. The performance was realized by the Piraeus mix Chorus of Saint Basil church, under the direction of Mr Prodromos Dasigenis, accompanied by the composer on small electric piano. To the audience was allocated diptych containing the partition and the lyrics of the song.
Presenter of the feast was Mr Antony Virvilis.
The whole celebration finished with a small reception.
The presidents of the three societies, P. Leoussis, Th. Galanis and V. Secopoulos
A part of the chorus singing the "Hymn to the stamp"
Text of the "Anthem to the stamp" in French and Italian languages (by P. Leoussis).
Notable is also the contribution of our members to the success of the Greek exhibitions, competitive or not. In the Panhellenic Exhibition "KARDITSA 2005", for example, the participation was wide, while most of our members were present by person, for one or more days.
Four of the most
known Greek thematic collectors, present at the
The New Year cake of 2009
The friendly societies “The Philatelists of Athens” and “The Panhellenic Society of Thematic Philately and Youth” have a long history of collaborations. The have many times co-organised exhibitions, speeches and other philatelic manifestations, and co-celebrated the traditional feast of New Year. The good relationship of the two clubs accentuate such from the closed friendship of the two club’s presidents Mrs. V. Secopoulos and P. Leoussis, as from the presence of many years of the second in the secretariat of the Philatelists of Athens.
The common New Year feast of this year was a particularly successful manifestation. The warm and hospitable place of the Postal and Philatelic Museum of Athens received presidents and members of Athenians clubs, and a lot of members and friends of the two clubs. The Hellenic Postal authorities were represented by Messers Basil Schinas, Director of Philately, and Moses Constantinis, Consulter of Philately. The president of the Hellenic Philatelic Federation Mr. Anthony Virvilis was also present.
The manifestation, after the salutations and welcomes, continued with a speech of our club’s president Mr. P. Leoussis and subject "The History of Thematic Philately", accompanied and documented by a projection of philatelic material.
The main points of the speech were the followings:
• Birth of the stamp and philately (introduction)
• Birth of thematic philately
• Creation of a virtual collection under the name "Ôhe wheat, from the tillage to the fruit”, through the observation of the stamps’ pictures (this collection is presented in the form of article in the Bulletin No 36, which is distributed to the participants).
• The pioneers of thematic philately
• International thematic movements
• Thematic philately in Greece
• Material that thematic philately uses
• Presentation of selected pages of awarded thematic collections of our club’s members and of multiprized foreigners.
The simplified and absolutely coherent way that the theme was presented seamed to have satisfied the audience, philatelic or not.
The cutting of the New Year cake and a “small dinner” followed.
Unexpected event of the feast was the unexpectedly big coming of people that had as result the non sufficiency of wine and dishes.
The two presidents cutting the New Year cake
Partial view of the participants in the New Year feast
The colloquist during his speech
The New Year cake of 2010
From the 2010 New Year feast
2010. President Mr P. Leoussis during his speech "The Tango and its history through the stamps"
2011. From the speech “History of the Hellenic Music through the stamps”
2011. President Mr Ê. Sfikas (Philatelic Society of Athens) receives the piece of festal cake from Mr P. Leoussis, seen by Messrs V. Secopoulos and V. Petrocheilos (Treasurer of Hellenic Philatelic Federation and our club).
2012. Meeting of the two presidents before the beguine of the speech "National Anthems and Patriotic Songs".
2012. The President of tçe Hellenic Philatelic Federation Mr. A. Virvilis prefaces the event
2013. From Mr Leoussis speech “History of the Operetta through the stamps”
2014. Vice President Mr P. Cangelaris, Mr V. Scopoulos and Ìñ V. Petrocheilos during the festal cake ceremony
2014. From Mr Leoussis speech “The history of the Italian Opera through the stamps” (19.01.2014)
2015. From Mr Leoussis
speech “The birth of Cinema and its evolution in Hollywood, through
2015. Philatelists and friends: a view of the audience
2016. The cutting the New Year cake
2016. View of the audience during the speech “Musical’s birth and evolution through the stamps”